mostly a collection of companies. The largest of which, of course, is Google. This newer Google is a bit slimmed down, with the companies that are pretty far afield of our main internet products contained in Alphabet instead.
Let’s look at Alphabet by the numbers.
Revenue is the value of all sales of goods and services recognized by a company in a period. Net income is the profit remaining after all costs incurred in the period have been subtracted from revenue generated from sales. Earnings per share measures a company’s profit per outstanding share of its common stock.
- Revenue: $69.7 billion (+13%)
- Net income: $16 billion
- Free cash flow: $12,594 billion
- Advertising revenue: $56.3 billion (+12%)
- YouTube advertising revenue: $7.34 billion
- Google Cloud revenue: $6.28 billion
- Earnings per share: $1.21
- Employees: 174,014 (+21%)
- Stock split: 20-for-one stock split (record date of July 1, 2022)
- Losses: Google Cloud and "other bets"