Apple remains a monster business
Apple earned more than $1 billion a day.
An incredible breakdown on the state of affairs at Apple via the FT:
- Apple's profits rose to almost $100 billion ($94.7 billion) last year, up 60+%.
- Revenues rose 33.3 percent to $365.8bn, its fastest growth rate since 2012.
- The company reported $83.4bn of revenue in its fiscal fourth quarter, up 29 percent from a year ago.
- Net income beat expectations, however, rising 62 percent to $20.5bn.
- The iPhone accounted for 46.6 percent of all revenue last quarter, with smartphone sales up 47 percent to $38.9bn.
- Apple has 745m paying subscribers for its services, up from 660m six months ago.
- Revenue from Apple's Services business expanded 25.6 percent from a year ago to $18.3bn.